It’s been over 2 weeks since the .NET Core Tour ended. In this summary, I’d like to share with you the journey that lasted for over 4 months.
Recently, I was struggling with the SSO authentication. At first I did pick up JSON Web Token which of course is a legitimate option, however, I was forced to share the secret key between different parties, as I decided to use HMAC. Not so long ago I decided to switch to the RSA instead and I’d like to present you both solutions using ASP.NET Core.
Recently, I started researching tools and services for the build automation. Being a long user of TeamCity and currently Travis CI (also had some experience with Jenkins, AppVeyor and VSTS) I wanted to find out what else is there. Then I realized that there’s a build server built into BitBucket, thus I decided to give it a go.
Since ASP.NET Core became a truly cross-platform framework, we’re free to use other environments such as Linux in order to host our applications. This is a great opportunity not only to reduce the possible licensing costs but also to try out a new environment. In the video tutorial below, I’ll show you how to build a Docker image using ASP.NET Core, publish it to the Virtual Machine running in the Digital Ocean and use Nginx to expose the app to the world.
In today’s post, I’d like to present a dozen of minimalistic samples that you can make use of within ASP.NET Core application. Starting from simple things like options, through middleware, databases and even Nginx or Docker. These samples are part of the upcoming event “Thursday with .NET” that I’ll be part of on Thursday 20.04.2017.
Another quick video tutorial from me. Here, we will focus on implementing our own “SDK” responsible for handling the Facebook Graph API using C# and .NET Core (of course you can achieve the same result on the full .NET platform).
I want to get in a good habit of recording some simple tutorials from time to time using the English language, so here comes the first one about my experience with running the SQL Server on Linux. Enjoy!
It’s been quite a while since I posted the latest update of the Warden project designed for monitoring the resources in general. After a lot of back-end coding and refactoring, the time has come to finally focus on the new web interface implementation. And this is where the things start to become interesting (I promise).